Bookings & Estimates
Do you want to place a Booking for my Quilting Services?
Do you require an Estimate for Quilting?
BOOKING YOUR QUILT
Please contact Val by phone or email to discuss details of your quilt & availability on her schedule.
Generally I can offer a 2 to 3 week turn-around for Edge to Edge Quilting. Custom Quilting requires a much longer lead time as I am only able to work on one Custom Quilt per week, while fitting in the Edge to Edge work in between.
I only have one quilting machine to work with so I can only work on one quilt at a time.
Check details on Quilt Preparation page before bringing/sending your quilt for Quilting
ESTIMATE FOR QUILTING
Should you require an estimate for cost of quilting, please send me an email or phone with the following information:
- Your name & phone number so you can be contacted in person if necessary.
- Measurements & style of your quilt, any detail such as appliqué or embroidery, extra borders, etc, name of quilt design if made from a kit or magazine article.
- What type of quilting do you have in mind? Refer to Quilting Styles or Gallery page for reference & ideas.
- What thread colour would you prefer? Consider a colour that will tone with the fabrics in your quilt top. This should also be considered when choosing the colour of backing fabric.
- Do you have your own wadding & backing fabric or would you like these to be supplied? (see note below) Consider the type of wadding you would like. Also check Quilt Preparation page for backing & wadding requirements.
- Attach a photograph of your quilt to your email if possible, this will help to confirm the style of quilting & designs which would be most suited.
- Do you need the quilt to be completed & returned by a certain date for a special occasion? It is often best to contact the quilter on the amount of lead-time required for quilting. This will vary according to the type of quilting required & also the number of quilts which have already been booked ahead of yours!
- Please keep in mind that customised quilting will have a much longer waiting time than edge to edge work.
Please Note: Any further information which you can include is always helpful. I shall endeavour to reply to your email as soon as possible, or contact me by phone.